A question about a recipe: New England Apple Cake

7b751019 4a10 41f2 b746 2e0865abe43e  dscn0541

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "New England Apple Cake" from Dotty. It says:

"Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean."

asked by whmcdevitt about 7 years ago

I agree it should take longer than 15 minutes. I'd guess more like 30-40 minutes, but would keep a close eye on it!

I think it would take longer than 15 minutes but it does look like a thin cake its baked in a 9x13 pan. I would just wing it and after 15 minutes test with toothpick and if it looks done and it comes out clean its done if not let it stay in a bit longer.