I need new pots & pans - are there good ones you can put in the dishwasher?

Washing pots & pans is my least favorite activity. Are dishwasher-safe pans an oxymoron? What are your favorite brands / finishes?

hardlikearmour October 28, 2011

Any of the stainless steal pots and pans are dishwasher safe - AllClad if you want to spend a lot of money, and Calphalon if you don't. Sometimes you're going to have to wash them, though, as the dishwasher won't get everything off!

SKK October 28, 2011

The problem I have with Calphalon is that if they have the non-stainless steel exterior they discolor in the dishwasher. I have gradually shifted over to AllClad and Cusinart and love them!

em-i-lis
em-i-lis October 28, 2011

I LOVE my Cuisinart Multiclad pots/pans. They are expensive but really worth it and are dishwasher safe!

calendargirl
calendargirl October 28, 2011

I have found both All Clad and Cuisinart pots and pans at TJ Maxx, with very slight imperfections, for a fraction of the retail price. There is also a web site that sells All Clad seconds at steep discounts: cookwarenmore.com. None of the imperfections have any effect on the use of the pots. Good luck!

SKK October 28, 2011

Thank you for this!

marketpublique
marketpublique October 29, 2011

Thank you for all the suggestions! I think Im going for the Cuisinart Multiclad, will let you know how it goes!

Miss Paperwhite
Miss Paperwhite October 29, 2011

I am going to add a "low budget" alternative.... Sorry All-Clad, I love you but... I had waited for years to replace my faded Calphalon pan set and kept thinking that the mega-piece All-Clads would be in the budget, but never seemed to make it.

I purchased a knock-off (gasp) from Costco and they are fabulous!!!! I know... Made in China and the whole bit, but I am beyond satisfied. The pans were around $170 for a huge set.