Website - can't edit recipe or load a photo

I uploaded a recipe and photo earlier today (Apple and Ginger Scones). I decided to change the headnote slightly, and noticed an error in the recipe (an extra 1/4 cup of sugar that's not supposed to be there!). Also, my photo didn't upload. Have tried 4 times now. The header updated, but the recipe and photo still won't allow me to edit.

Amanda Hesser October 29, 2011

Thank you for letting us know. Have you had any issues in the past with editing a recipe or uploading a photo, or is this new? And can you let me know PC or Mac and which browser? Thanks!

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings October 29, 2011

Mac with a Safari browser. I had a terrible time uploading a recipe a couple weeks ago, but the site was in the middle of its upgrade woes. It's a lot zippier now, but still doesn't want to let me edit ingredients or upload a photo. ;-(

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings October 30, 2011

Still can't edit the recipe ingredients, but the header does update, so I put an errata note there temporarily. I have "dumbed down" my photo to 1.1 MB, and am still getting an error message that it's too big. Hope someone can help me on Monday.

Amanda Hesser October 30, 2011

Sorry for all the troubles -- will put this on our urgent list.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings October 30, 2011

Amanda, please don't take this as anything more than frustration. It's not a contest recipe, and it's not terribly urgent, except that others seem to like it, and I don't want them to have a bad outcome. You and Merrill are SO busy with your book tour right now - I have complete faith that it will be worked out. I just don't want others to have the same experience, and I have other recipes to post, but honestly, I'm holding back for now given the difficulties.

dymnyno
dymnyno October 30, 2011

When you export your photo, choose "small" jpeg quality.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings October 30, 2011

I did. That's why my photo is only 1.1 MB. The site says that it will accept an image up to 2 MB, but it won't accept 1.1 MB.

boulangere October 30, 2011

I'm having trouble editing today, as well. I haven't had much trouble before. When I click on Publish, I get sent to a screen saying Internal Server Error. Mac/Safari.

boulangere October 30, 2011

It's still doing the same thing. I'm trying to edit the baking time for a recipe I posted earlier today for Hearty Harvest Bread. Right after I posted it, I was able to make a couple of quick edits, but not for a while now. Thanks.

boulangere October 30, 2011

The Edit function continues to return the Internal Server Error. I also can't post a photo to the recipe. I don't get an error message, it just never loads. The same thing happened earlier today when I was trying to change the photo on my Profile page.

gt9
gt9 October 30, 2011

tried the smallest photo upload possible from iPhone, still no luck on my end.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings November 7, 2011

Ta-Da!!! Thank you Kristin! Glad you were able to solve the mystery. I'll add some more recipes and photos this week.