A question about a recipe: Almond Brittle garnish with Sea Salt

D6743bf6 4a00 4a23 8ec9 43d0b2b94553  peanut brittle

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Almond Brittle garnish with Sea Salt" from FrancesRenHuang. It says:

"Place nuts, sugar, syrup, in bowl and heavy sauce pan over low-medium heat; place a candy thermometer and wait until the mixture is up to 300 F, about 5 minutes. *The mixture will turn from sugar to liquid, and then to bubbly thick liquid. "

asked by favabean almost 7 years ago

ATG117

This is a bit confusing. I'm pretty sure, based on my experience with other recipes, that ingredients should go directly into the saucepan. I'm a bit hesitant about the nuts going in at this stage as opposed to after the sugar and syrup have come up to temp. But I think the bowl is an error.