Your funniest Thanksgiving memory in the kitchen...

...and while you're at it your best pumpikn pie and/or turkey stuffing,please.Thanks!

asked by mensaque over 6 years ago

The first time I made Thanksgiving dinner I roasted the turkey with the little bag of turkey parts still inside the cavity. (OK you can stop laughing now.) We ate it anyway.

My favorite pumpkin pie recipe is one I adapted from Bert Greene (Greene on Greens)--I found it here:
http://community.seattletimes...
I use brown sugar and change the spiced. Sometimes top with sugared pecans.

I'm not a big stuffing person--sorry. But I like the sound of this one and will probably make it this year:
http://food52.com/recipes...

Bevi

Finding a MIckey Mouse bandaid in the Turkey stuffing.

mensaque

Maybe sdebrango cat's could have eaten your mouse,and all would be well!!!

The first time I made turkey for Thanksgiving was eaten by the neighbors cat, my kitchen window was open the cat came in and made a real mess eating his/her way around the turkey. I couldn't serve the whole turkey since it had bites all over it. I salvaged what I could and served it.

mensaque

Meawww!Bads pussy cat!

mensaque

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Brazil but the first time I roasted a chicken by myself,I was a teenager,on a trip--alone,miles away from home and I got traumatized by the look on her face...the chicken's face I mean!She looked so helpless with her head inside her...well,hole...I washed her with my eyes closed and felt really bad when I shoved the poor thing in the dark,hot oven;so I'm not (only) laughing,Dr.Babs,hahaha!And Lori:you should sell your story to a hollywood writer,I smell a blockbuster...I have tears in my eyes right now from laughing so hard!Thanks for the tips,and for playing along!

lorigoldsby

Mensaque--looking forward to your next posting! Thanks for the prompt!