🔕 🔔

Your funniest Thanksgiving memory in the kitchen...

...and while you're at it your best pumpikn pie and/or turkey stuffing,please.Thanks!

asked by mensaque about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

The first time I made Thanksgiving dinner I roasted the turkey with the little bag of turkey parts still inside the cavity. (OK you can stop laughing now.) We ate it anyway.

My favorite pumpkin pie recipe is one I adapted from Bert Greene (Greene on Greens)--I found it here:
http://community.seattletimes...
I use brown sugar and change the spiced. Sometimes top with sugared pecans.

I'm not a big stuffing person--sorry. But I like the sound of this one and will probably make it this year:
http://food52.com/recipes...

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Finding a MIckey Mouse bandaid in the Turkey stuffing.

6f611b78 35b4 4186 89ad c38b035b32f3  08270410avatar messbrasil

Maybe sdebrango cat's could have eaten your mouse,and all would be well!!!

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

The first time I made turkey for Thanksgiving was eaten by the neighbors cat, my kitchen window was open the cat came in and made a real mess eating his/her way around the turkey. I couldn't serve the whole turkey since it had bites all over it. I salvaged what I could and served it.

Meawww!Bads pussy cat!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Brazil but the first time I roasted a chicken by myself,I was a teenager,on a trip--alone,miles away from home and I got traumatized by the look on her face...the chicken's face I mean!She looked so helpless with her head inside her...well,hole...I washed her with my eyes closed and felt really bad when I shoved the poor thing in the dark,hot oven;so I'm not (only) laughing,Dr.Babs,hahaha!And Lori:you should sell your story to a hollywood writer,I smell a blockbuster...I have tears in my eyes right now from laughing so hard!Thanks for the tips,and for playing along!

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Mensaque--looking forward to your next posting! Thanks for the prompt!