🔕 🔔

Turkey - To Brine or Not To Brine?

I know this has been asked a gazillion times. So here it is for the gazillion and first time: does brining the turkey make a big/good difference? And if so, what's your favorite brine recipe. Thanks a lot! (I've never brined my turkey; this year may be the first time I do it.)

asked by DebJ about 6 years ago

39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I'm a huge fan of dry brining!

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Agree with Kristy. Heavily salting your turkey many hours beforehand gives amazing moisture and flavor without losing the flavor of the actual turkey. Brining is good if you don't like the flavor of turkey, in my opinion. I used this recipe last year and just loved it: http://www.bonappetit.com...