Winners, community picks

I'm not finding anything on the home page about winners of the Confections contest, and the Community Picks on the home page takes me to a hodge-podge of them. The Recipes tab yields either a blank screen or the chocolate baguette page. Please, what am I missing?

asked about 7 years ago

Sorry, I meant the Contests page that was blank. Where and when will Community Picks for testing be posted?

I'm relying on twitter these days, until I can figure out a less random, hit-or-miss approach to finding new content on the site. Fingers crossed that the twitter feed will be somewhat current for time sensitive matters such as community picks dibs announcements. ;o)

NWB
NWB

I just logged in to ask the same question. I am also having trouble with the contests page either yielding a blank page or a recipe for the chocolate baguette. I would like to know when/where I can find the Editors picks so I can hopefully test one.

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

They're up! Off to tweet. Thanks!

NWB
NWB

The community picks are up? Where can I find them?

Up where? Not finding them on the Home page, not on the Contests page . . . . where are they?

Go to "Articles" on the top navigation bar. ;o)

Seriously? Articles?

Yes, but I noticed that it also has appeared on the Contest page since then. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It seems that they were having some problems for about an hour with some of the contest-related pages. ;o)

Panfusine

I need some help.. I cant seem to find the button to vote for one of the finalists.. I did see a 'live' ticker showing that someone had voted, Can someone please point me to the correct page. (THis is my first voting attempt on the new format, since I abstained from last weeks choice of holiday roasts) thanks much!

alexlutz

Panfusine, you can go to the Contest page and choose "Vote: Your Best Holiday Confection" which is the second story in the carousel right now. This will take you to the two finalists and you'll see a "Vote" button beneath each one. Good luck.

Panfusine

Got it Alexlutz.. Thanks!

Lizthechef

Did you go to the "Contests" page? I think the community picks are too hidden, in any case.

AntoniaJames pointed out that they're on the Articles page. Seems odd to me, but . . .

Panfusine

click on the contests tab, but do NOT scroll down the pop up drop down card . this takes you to a page with all the relevant information. This page is pretty easy to navigate through..

Hi all -- because we've only announced finalists once since the redesign, we -- the editors, the developers, and the site itself -- are still getting used to the whole (rather involved) process behind the scenes. Thanks for your patience while we were working to get it back up this afternoon. The design of the site will continue to evolve, but for now, the Articles tab is a pretty reliable place to see everything we've published in chronological order (like the old blog tab). Contests is (usually) a reliable place to get updates on contests and Community Picks. We do try to tweet as soon as anything new goes live on the site, but because there are real humans doing it, nothing is automatic. We'll get there!

Thank you, Kristen. That was the problem today. Personally, I don't find the Articles page to be intuitive about anything that would logically seem to fall into the Contests page, like contest winners and Community Picks. Is my logic faulty? But when I hit the Contests tab, I either got a blank screen or the ever-loving chocolate baguette recipe, and I'm allergic to chocolate. That went on for some time. How long? I have no idea. I was grabbing a few minutes when I could to dash into my office and see if the Community Picks (and even the 2 finalists) had posted. I just don't have time to wait for page after page to load slowly, and today load times were very long.