How to cut fruit for cheese-stuffed caramel apples.

Recipe says, "as suggested by the picture," but there's no fruit in the picture. How can cheese stay in a section of fruit, pierced by a stick?

SKK November 4, 2011

Where is the recipe you are looking at?

magdance
magdance November 4, 2011

Sorry, I thought the question was connected to the recipe about which I inquired. It was called "A Riff on Caramel Apples" and was an entry into the "Fair Foods" contest.

SKK November 4, 2011

Thanks for giving me the recipe because I couldn't find it. You are so right, no pictures - how frustrating. And I read the recipe at least 10 times and couldn't get a picture in my head on how to cut the fruit. One possibility would be to cut and core the apricot and/or pear and slide the skewer into the heaviest part of the fruit. Then pour the caramel over the fruit and cheese and put on a rack to cool? Let's have other cooks weigh in on this one. Help!

magdance
magdance November 5, 2011

Thanks. I'm going to try it with apple slices and look forward to hearing others' suggestions.