linzarella

How about butternut squash (or any other winter squash) and toasted pumpkin seeds? Or bacon and a fried egg? Or just ricotta salata?

Roasted butternut squash, toasted walnuts and currents and a little red onion. I love heat and would add some red pepper flakes. And parmesan cheese. Can I come eat with you?

FoodGenie

Meyer lemon, olive oil, crumbled chevre, shallots, slivered almonds.

spuntino

onion, lots of garlic, grated pecorino....and a fried egg.

Farro is pretty dense, and kale can be pretty intense. I'd think of maybe going the carbonara route and adding onions, pancetta, and some lovely fresh egg and cheese. Perhaps lighten it all up by deglazing after the onion and bacon sauté with some white wine and some of the farro (à la pasta) cooking water.

p.s. I love your kitchen!

healthierkitchen

farro pasta can be a little starchy and I'd be afraid the carbonara might get gloppy. The pasta water can be too starchy to help, as well. I'd add caramelized onion and goat cheese or sheep's milk feta, with maybe some walnuts for crunch.

Francesca - what did you end up adding to your farro pasta and kale?

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

sauteed outer leaves of escarole, {raw} chopped inner leaves of escarole, lemon zest, cracked black pepper, roasted cherry tomatoes, dash of fresh sage or thyme, Banyuls vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, toasted pinenuts.

I think Italian sausage would be a tasty addition.

EmmaAlden

Feta, lemon zest, toasted pine nuts, and plenty of black pepper!