🔕 🔔

Any recommendations for a variety of Quince?

This is sl off topic, but I am hoping to plant at least one quince tree in the next year or so. Some varieties of quince seem to taste better than others, but I don't know enough to distinguish between varieties. Can anyone comment? I love in the Bronx, downstate New York.

Meg is a trusted home cook.

asked about 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I don't know off-hand, but One Green World typically had descriptions of the different fruits they sell. They'd probably be happy to tell you which is their favorite if you called them. http://www.onegreenworld...

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

Most quince you will find are grown as a bush or shrub. You can find tree varieties, but they are harder to find. My mother has had them in NH, but has had trouble with deer & deep snow. You hopefully won't have problems with deer in the Bronx!

I have purchased several types of fruit trees, berries, etc from Raintree Nurseries. They are great: http://www.raintreenursery...