How to edit a recipe?

I hit edit recipe, and it goes to the recipe itself and I see no way of hitting an edit button. Help~

asked by SKK about 7 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Hey SKK, there should be an edit button under the photo on the left. Here's a screen shot for you.

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

That's a small photo, but the two green buttons under the photo are what I'm talking about. The one on the left is the edit button.

You can't edit recipes that are currently in a contest, so that may be the trouble.

I think HLA is correct, I wanted to edit a recipe currently in a contest. So we can no longer do that?
Thanks everyone!

Yes, HLA is right -- and we've actually pretty much always kept recipes closed for editing while they're "In the Test Kitchen" of an active contest (just so we don't accidentally test one version, and have it change on us!). If you need to update your recipe, we can take care of it if you email [email protected], and you can also put the update in a comment on the recipe so everyone who tries it in the meantime will be aware.

Thanks, Kristen. I am good. No recipe changes, just wanted to make an addition to the headnote and that is not necessary. Appreciate the explantion.

Summer of Eggplant

Can you add a picture for a recipe submitted to a closed contest? I can't seem to figure it out. I can't seem to figure a lot out.

Nope! I'm pretty sure that at some point they will fix that, but it's gotta be a low priority.

Summer of Eggplant, if you can wait till the contest is out of the "Test Kitchen" phase (when we announce finalists on Thursday), hopefully this option should be available. It's a great point that this should be allowed during the testing phase, but HLA is right that it's lower priority than some of the other big issues like site speed, etc.

Asha kumari

Look at the right upside corner of the web page from there you can go to your favourites and colletions and you can edit your recipe,after choosing it!