A question about a recipe: Spiced Maple Pecan Pie with Star Anise

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Spiced Maple Pecan Pie with Star Anise" from merrill. It says:

What temperature do I bake this pie at? After it is all filled, does it go in at the temperature that the crust was baked at?

• Posted by: babs1652
  • November 11, 2011

sdebrango November 11, 2011

I see that there is no oven temp listed for baking the pie, I am sure Merrill will weigh in but I always bake a pecan pie at 350. 400 seems too high to me.

babs1652
babs1652 November 11, 2011

Thank you so much for replying so quickly! I was just about to put it in the oven and didn't know what temperature to use. It's such a beautiful looking pie, I didn't want to risk ruining it. Thanks again!

sdebrango November 11, 2011

Let us know how it comes out. Sounds delicious

sdebrango November 11, 2011

I just read through the recipe in step 5 it say's to toast the pecans at 325, then it says to pour the filling in and bake the pie. I think that she might mean that you are supposed to bake at 325. It's a bit confusing but maybe 325 is the baking temp, Sorry for the confusion. I always make pecan pie at 350 but it could be that this recipe does it at 325.

Merrill Stubbs November 11, 2011

Yes, it continues to bake at 325, not 400!