🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spiced Maple Pecan Pie with Star Anise

79d09d1b e8cc 451c 8ece 5ce799a08b81  food52 11 01 11 5791

How far in advance can I make this? Or which parts and pieces can I make ahead? I would like to make this for Thanksgiving, it needs to travel to a place with minimal kitchen equipment.

asked by Summer of Eggplant almost 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'm sure you could make this a day ahead and it will be fine. I've done so with multiple different pecan pies with good success.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I second what hla said, I have made pecan pie a day in advance and it's always successful.

II find that most pecan pies are even better the next day, because the filling sets and the flavors merge. And the pie is easier to cut. ;o)

Df22d5a8 cffd 43dd ac3d 64db8c8aa056  pamelalee

Do you store the pecan pie at room temp or in the refrigerator? Thanks!