A question about a recipe: Spiced Maple Pecan Pie with Star Anise

79d09d1b e8cc 451c 8ece 5ce799a08b81  food52 11 01 11 5791

How far in advance can I make this? Or which parts and pieces can I make ahead? I would like to make this for Thanksgiving, it needs to travel to a place with minimal kitchen equipment.

asked by Summer of Eggplant about 7 years ago

I'm sure you could make this a day ahead and it will be fine. I've done so with multiple different pecan pies with good success.

I second what hla said, I have made pecan pie a day in advance and it's always successful.

II find that most pecan pies are even better the next day, because the filling sets and the flavors merge. And the pie is easier to cut. ;o)

pamelalee

Do you store the pecan pie at room temp or in the refrigerator? Thanks!