Uses for rendered bef fat?

I have a bunch of beef fat that resulted from boiling short ribs - wondering what I can do with it. Should I keep it or throw it out?

asked by Smainiac over 6 years ago

Beef fat is actually great for adding flavor when you use it in small doses. I've added a little to mixed root vegetables before roasting them, and it gives them a rich, earthy taste. Maybe a tablespoon or so for a pan of veg?

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Or, the holidays are around the corner ... freeze it now and Yorkshire pudding, here you come!

ChrisBird

To Add some the oil for french fries. The second best roast pitaoes. Best is duck fat. Any recipe that requires the browning of beef - say in a raise.