Home made pumpkin pie recipe (using a pie pumpkin)

SKK November 15, 2011
http://www.food52.com/recipes... Here is a good recipe. And you can change the spices if you choose. The thing to be sure about is that once the pumpkin is cooked and you have run it through your food processor that you give it sufficent time to drain through cheese cloth. It is always surprising how much liquid comes out. At least 6 hours. Also, for a richer flavor try mixing pumpkin puree and butternut squash puree. Really is rich and brings out the pumpkin flavor.
AntoniaJames November 15, 2011

The recipe on the side of the Libby's can (which is a brand that many people have been buying in November for their pumpkin pies, for generations) calls for 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, and 3/4 tsp ground cloves for one pie. Really like the idea of using Indian spices!! ;o)

sdebrango November 15, 2011

I agree with AntoniaJames, I have used the recipe on the Libby's pumpkin pie can for years.

AntoniaJames November 15, 2011

sdebrango, that combination of spices = what pumpkin pie should taste like!! I typed the recipe, from the label (which I'd pulled off and kept in an accordion file for years), into a Word document so I'd never have to hunt for it again! ;o)

sdebrango November 15, 2011

I did the same thing, its a classic and you are so right I feel also that its exactly how pumpkin pie is supposed to taste,

sdebrango November 15, 2011

I found the recipe online the other day and saved it into evernote:
http://www.meals.com/Recipes/LIBBYS-Famous-Pumpkin-Pie.aspx?recipeid=18470

creamtea November 15, 2011

Totally love Libby's pumpkin pie. what AJ said. It tastes like Thanksgiving.