🔕 🔔

Home made pumpkin pie recipe (using a pie pumpkin)

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

http://www.food52.com/recipes... Here is a good recipe. And you can change the spices if you choose. The thing to be sure about is that once the pumpkin is cooked and you have run it through your food processor that you give it sufficent time to drain through cheese cloth. It is always surprising how much liquid comes out. At least 6 hours. Also, for a richer flavor try mixing pumpkin puree and butternut squash puree. Really is rich and brings out the pumpkin flavor.

The recipe on the side of the Libby's can (which is a brand that many people have been buying in November for their pumpkin pies, for generations) calls for 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, and 3/4 tsp ground cloves for one pie. Really like the idea of using Indian spices!! ;o)

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I agree with AntoniaJames, I have used the recipe on the Libby's pumpkin pie can for years.

sdebrango, that combination of spices = what pumpkin pie should taste like!! I typed the recipe, from the label (which I'd pulled off and kept in an accordion file for years), into a Word document so I'd never have to hunt for it again! ;o)

I did the same thing, its a classic and you are so right I feel also that its exactly how pumpkin pie is supposed to taste,

I found the recipe online the other day and saved it into evernote:
http://www.meals.com/Recipes...

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Totally love Libby's pumpkin pie. what AJ said. It tastes like Thanksgiving.