🔕 🔔

do I have to refrigerate a pumpkin pie I made tonight? Or can I leave it out?

asked by @courtneyfweaver almost 5 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I'd put it in the fridge -- it's got eggs and dairy in it, I'm guessing?

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

It's a custard pie, so you should refrigerate it to be safe. Then just take it out a couple hours before serving tomorrow to come back down to room temperature.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Yes, custard pies are one of the exceptions to the it's-safe-to-leave-baked-goods-unrefrigerated rule. Protein + moisture = Danger

Won't the crust get soggy if I refrigerate? Yes, it does have eggs and heavy cream.