do I have to refrigerate a pumpkin pie I made tonight? Or can I leave it out?

asked by @courtneyfweaver almost 6 years ago

I'd put it in the fridge -- it's got eggs and dairy in it, I'm guessing?

It's a custard pie, so you should refrigerate it to be safe. Then just take it out a couple hours before serving tomorrow to come back down to room temperature.

ChefOno

Yes, custard pies are one of the exceptions to the it's-safe-to-leave-baked-goods-unrefrigerated rule. Protein + moisture = Danger

SF Eater

Won't the crust get soggy if I refrigerate? Yes, it does have eggs and heavy cream.