A question about a recipe: Warm Gingerbread With Pear Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce

57eba3b1 1b61 404c b2d5 a337c06693e0  gingercake

I have a question about the recipe "Warm Gingerbread With Pear Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce" from Ms. T.

When she says "brownie pan", do you know what size she means? 1 3/4 C of flour would suggest 13 x 9.

asked by Babs in Phoenix almost 7 years ago

"Brownie pan" has and always will mean a 9 x 13 inch pan. (It's an expression my mother, and now my sister, use. I love it.) ;o) P.S. But I'll let Ms. T confirm this.

Babs in Phoenix

Yes, in my 45 years of baking, my mother is the ONLY person I'd ever heard use the expression, and she meant the broiler pan from her old Chambers range, which is considerably bigger than that.

Wow, that is so interesting. We should see what Ms. T has to say. My guess is that she'll come back confirming the 9 x 13. ;o)