A question about a recipe: Sweet Potatoes Anna with Prunes

019707ac b16b 4733 ae4a 9a1eb6671f66  2016 1028 sweet potatoes anna prunes bobbi lin 11026

I wonder if I can assemble this a bit before hand? I want to add it to my Thanksgiving menu but of course, last minute time is at a premium. Any suggestions for any part that can be done ahead?

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Absolutely! Prep it, freeze it, defrost it, bake it off. Or skip the freezing if you do it the night before or in the morning, and do not pass go, do not collect $200, go direct to the oven :)

Brette Warshaw

In agreement with Francesca. Also, if you're looking to save some time, enlist a helper to mandolin the sweet potatoes and/or layer them in the pan. That way, you can focus on the other stuff!