🔕 🔔

What cocktail pairs well with an oyster roast?

It's November. Thanksgiving is on the horizon, and that's my favorite holiday because it's the best for food. We do Turkey Day up right and the next day, we throw an oyster roast for 50 people. We serve wine and beer, of course, but I'd love to have a signature cocktail for the oyster roast. Whatcha got?

The person with the best idea (as declared by me) will get an invitation. We're in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, if that matters.

asked by Nora about 7 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

So a cocktail to go with roasted oysters? My first thought goes straight to something with sparkling wine. Something nice, I am thinking something like a Spritz: fill a flute 3/4 full with prosecco, an ounce of aperol or campari, top with soda water, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, garnished with a lemon slice.

I'm a total Thanksgiving contrarian. So for a cocktail I'll offer the French 75 which goes back to between the wars and named after a French artillery piece. Components are, gin, cointreau, sugar, lime juice, topped off with sparkling wine (which could be cava, prosecco, champaingne etc.). It's a good thing I don't cocktail anymore. But this will go well with oysters.

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

How about this:

1 1/2 oz Citron Vodka
1 oz Blue Curacao
3 oz fresh lemonade
Lemon twist to garnish.

You could call it a Carolina 'Blue Point' Lemonade. I was never a bartender, but I think this will mix well.

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

i would do something involving gin and lemon, like an aviation.

...and be sure to remain upright.