A question about a recipe: Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie

670d4e4d c1d4 47e5 a930 736517ded9c9  2014 1030 pumpkin pie 013

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Turn pumpkin into aluminum saucepan..." I don't have any aluminum saucepans any more. I am guessing this stipulation is due to the age of the recipe, and that stainless steel saucepans were not as prevalent as they are now... surely an a stainless pan will do?

asked by calendargirl over 6 years ago

Genius Recipes

Good point -- I'll amend the recipe. Yes, stainless steel is totally fine!

Surely it will. Going back about 15 years ago, there was this wierd belief that aluminum pans contributed to Alzheimers Disease. Largely debunked by medical science. But I would use any pie pan of your preference.

Completely debunked is the way I'd put it.

calendargirl

Thanks, Genius Recipes and Pierino! I figured as much, and remember the aluminum/Alzheimers fracas well. I can get pretty picky about editing, but not everyone is comfortable when it comes to adaptations. Cheers to all!