🔕 🔔

Big event! How far in advance can I slice carpaccio without the blood oxydizing into a grey mess?

I will be pressing the individual portions between cling film to have them easily portioned in advance and to try to avoid the oxidation. BUT HOW LONG CAN I HOLD THEM LIKE THIS (between plastic)? Help, please.

asked by Knvsndfire almost 6 years ago

39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I've never made carpaccio in advance. That's something I like to have as fresh as possible. Anyone else have experience with this?

I'm thinking no more than two hours. You mentioned holding the slices in cling wrap, refrigerated. That should help, but really, the fresher the better.