The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

How do I make my Peking duck crisp?

asked by EllnMllr over 5 years ago
B1ff7c6d 1bd4 41c2 a1a7 c1080efe383f  cathybarrow allrecipes e 2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

My mother and I madempeking duck when I was a kid. The first instruction said to hang a duck before a fan for 24 hours. This forms a pellicle and dries the subcutaneous fat to get that crispiness. Our laundry room looked a little weird for that day!

MrsWheelbarrow

A5aca69b eca1 420a 8227 5f9e566d4930  dscn2320 2 2

We hang ours but hadn't thot of the fan. Awesome. Will try it! Thanks for the speedy response.