I want to turn leftover stuffing into a sort of scramble in the morning. Any tips for making the stuffing less soggy?

asked by missb503 almost 7 years ago

jwlucas

I had the same thought. I was thinking about sauteeing stuffing until crispy then topping with some cranberry-apple chutney and a runny fried egg.

jwlucas

I had the same idea. I was thinking about sauteeing stuffing until crispy then topping with some cranberry-apple chutney and a runny fried egg.

jwlucas

vvvanessa

you could either pan fry it a bit and then break it up into the scramble or spread it out on a baking sheet and put it in a low oven for a bit-- depending on how moist the stuffing is, maybe about 300ºF for 10-15 minutes or so. i love the fried egg idea. i'm likely to put one on just about anything, and stuffing sounds perfect!

Taiyyaba

That sounds fantastic - id say make it like a frittata. Crisp up the top of the stuffing in the oven, then pour over it some still-soft eggs that you started scrambling on the stove. Let then cook a few more min in the oven and top with leftover herbs (or gravy :))