🔕 🔔

I want to turn leftover stuffing into a sort of scramble in the morning. Any tips for making the stuffing less soggy?

asked by missb503 about 6 years ago

5ba86c99 9458 4f29 aba0 0796577d2cea  jwl 001

I had the same thought. I was thinking about sauteeing stuffing until crispy then topping with some cranberry-apple chutney and a runny fried egg.

I had the same idea. I was thinking about sauteeing stuffing until crispy then topping with some cranberry-apple chutney and a runny fried egg.

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

you could either pan fry it a bit and then break it up into the scramble or spread it out on a baking sheet and put it in a low oven for a bit-- depending on how moist the stuffing is, maybe about 300ºF for 10-15 minutes or so. i love the fried egg idea. i'm likely to put one on just about anything, and stuffing sounds perfect!

Beca7451 7105 4ac2 8874 7b10f85fdfe4  p1030880 2

That sounds fantastic - id say make it like a frittata. Crisp up the top of the stuffing in the oven, then pour over it some still-soft eggs that you started scrambling on the stove. Let then cook a few more min in the oven and top with leftover herbs (or gravy :))