Coffee Beans

What is your favorite coffee and where do you buy your beans?

asked almost 7 years ago

gt9
gt9

Columbian Supremo...roasted fresh almost daily...Dunn Brothers on Grand Avenue in St Paul....they ship.
I use a technivorm drip coffee maker...but it really the freshness of the beans and roasting.

JudyH

I love Kenyan coffee. I usually buy it at Whole Foods where they roast it in the store. I use an Aeropress to make it.

Peet's. I order their French Roast and Espresso on-line. Also Lavazza, which I also order on-line. I use a French press and a stove-top espresso maker.

Central Market. Pumpkin Spice, Maple Pecan, Cinnamon Vanilla. We like flavored coffee. These are all by Lola Savannah - a local gal here in Austin http://lolacc.com/

whoops! They are actually in Houston!

beyondcelery

I work for Tony's Coffees & Teas (actually, soon I'll be working for Caffe Ladro, but that's beside the point) and at the moment their El Salvador La Esperanza is my favorite for everyday:
http://bit.ly/srabEf

For a treat, the Kenya Kiamwangi AA is one of the most complex and wonderful cups of coffee I've ever tasted: http://bit.ly/w2hC48. It's both earthy and fruity, with a browned butter finish.

I love living in Seattle!

I vote with Syronai! Best coffees ever! Starbucks is my least favorite coffee - it tastes of burned pots.

cookinginvictoria

Their coffee sounds really wonderful. Next time I am in Seattle I will have to pick some up!

Gorilla Coffee. Best coffee i've ever had - and i've had a lot of coffee! http://gorillacoffee.com...

Also very good - Trader Joe's Italian Roast (i get the decaf).

Yeah, I like Gorilla coffee too. As for origins, I usually like Sumatra and Kenya. I'm not keen on blends. Single-origins for me.

calendargirl

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend, available online and in some grocery stores (better prices online, tho'). We have also found that Trader Joe's French Roast is delicious.

When I was traveling a lot for my work the two best countries to drink coffee were Ethiopia and Papua New Guinea. Ethiopia claims to have the first beans, and interestingly enough so does Papua New Guinea. They grow their delicious beans in the Highlands of PNG. Sometimes I can find PNG beans here in Seattle at PCC.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Aah, we love Stumptown's Hairbender Espresso and buy it at Baked & Wired, the only spot in DC that carries it. We also really like Old City Six Bean Espresso, from Philadelphia. That we have to order. Both are absolutely great.

Verdigris

ETHIOPIAN! We purchase green beans from www.sweetmaria.com and roast our own. I haven't fouñd a coomercially roasted coffee that tops it.