Can I freeze my leftover pies?

I have a leftover poking pie, pecan pie and apple pie. I'm worried about the crust becoming soggy. If I can reheat them, how do I keep the crust from burning?

asked by Angela,LaFollette over 6 years ago

This is what Rose Levy Beranbaum said about freezing cooked pies:
wouldn’t freeze a baked pie because the dough loses much of its charm and all that remains is the filling and calories!
I have never frozen a cooked pie so cannot speak from experience but Ms. Beranbaum is an expert and I trust her advice. When you get a commercially prepared pie they are usually unbaked and those freeze well but doubt you would have good results with a baked pie.

I have frozen pumpkin pie in the past. I don't recommend it; the custard loses moisture & texture and the crust separates from the filling.

Angela,LaFollette

Thanks for the help! I didn't have a lot of leftover pie but I don't like to waste food if I don't have to.