How to fix guacamole with too much onion?

Onion

asked by 'Shirley,Ann over 6 years ago

Ooh. I feel your pain. Can you narrow it down a bit? How much is too much? Too much, or TOO much? Did you use lime juice? You might boost the zest and juice of another lime. Do you have enough salt? The right amount of salt magically brings flavors into balance. Alternatively, perhaps add some sour cream to dissipate flavors across the palate a bit better.

'Shirley,Ann

My boyfriend just added WAY too much onion and to make it worse he chopped it up in HUGE chunks! All you can taste is raw onion! Yucky and harsh! I tried putting it in the magic bullet to see if it would minimize the onion sizable but the blender just got stuck and nothing churned.

healthierkitchen

do you have more avocados?

'Shirley,Ann

Thank you so much for your answers! I did try to add more avocados but realized it was the elimination of the gigantic onions that was the solution. The sieve idea is great! Thank you!!

A good guacamole is a terrible thing to to let go (so is a good boyfriend!)

I saw this question earlier --little did I know I'd have the same problem now. I put down a layer of hummos with the lumpy-onion guac on top -- better, but I love all the suggestions.