Bûche de Noël

Anyone have a favorite recipe, book, or website for bûche de Noël?

asked almost 7 years ago

Bevi

Hi Greenstuff, I used to make Martha Stewart's from her cookbook, Martha's Stewart's Menus for Entertaining. The edition I have has the recipe on pages 186-189, with step-by-step photo instructions. It is truly delicious. I could not find this particular recipe on her website , which has a different recipe. I bet you could get this book on the cheap at Amazon.com. Let me try to hunt it down for you on the web - it's a vanilla buttercream icing, expresso cream filling, and chocolate cake - a real show stopper.

Bevi

I went to Amazon and checked to see if the book is available - it is and you can get a dirt cheap copy. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewarts-Menus-Entertaining-Stewart/dp/1400046602/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322852878&sr=1-2

If you type Buche de Noel in the Look inside bar you will see a photo. I have made about 5 different buche recipes, and this one was everyone's favorite by a long shot. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I was thinking that I'd prefer something with some coffee or maybe hazelnut, so that's a good link. I do have Julia Childs' The Way to Cook, but it's all chocolate.