Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Bûche de Noël

Anyone have a favorite recipe, book, or website for bûche de Noël?

asked about 5 years ago
Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Hi Greenstuff, I used to make Martha Stewart's from her cookbook, Martha's Stewart's Menus for Entertaining. The edition I have has the recipe on pages 186-189, with step-by-step photo instructions. It is truly delicious. I could not find this particular recipe on her website , which has a different recipe. I bet you could get this book on the cheap at Amazon.com. Let me try to hunt it down for you on the web - it's a vanilla buttercream icing, expresso cream filling, and chocolate cake - a real show stopper.

I went to Amazon and checked to see if the book is available - it is and you can get a dirt cheap copy. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Martha...

If you type Buche de Noel in the Look inside bar you will see a photo. I have made about 5 different buche recipes, and this one was everyone's favorite by a long shot. Hope this helps.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Thanks, I was thinking that I'd prefer something with some coffee or maybe hazelnut, so that's a good link. I do have Julia Childs' The Way to Cook, but it's all chocolate.