If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pie can be filled with all kinds of vegetables, meats, sausages and mushrooms.
You can also use any other cheese of your choice. —Kukla
- 1 medium cabbage head
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 cup good feta cheese (Greek or French)
- In a large bowl mix shredded cabbage, sliced onion, parsley, dill, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and sprinkle with some breadcrumbs the bottom of a large casserole or glass baking dish.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- To a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda. Mix to combine. In a large measuring cup mix sour cream, mayonnaise and lightly beaten eggs, fold-in to the flour mixture.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter to the baking dish; then squeeze with your hands the excess liquid from cabbage filling and spread it on top of the batter. Crumble feta evenly on the top of the cabbage, then cover with the rest of the batter. Bake for 1 hour, or until the pie is golden brown and the sides are slightly pulled from the baking dish. Serve hot or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)