If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to make this when Im trying to be healthy. I make it at the weekend to take to work for lunch thoughout the week. It keeps well in a tupperware dish and can be eaten warm or cold. Ive also had it for dinner with roasted beetroot. Its quite versatile. Basil is a good sub for cilantro, red onion instead of scallion works well. I like to use "Sunblush" tomatoes but Im not sure if they are available ouside the UK, if not any kind of sundried tomato in olive oil is fine. —Jaynerly
Serves 4-6 servings
- 6 ounces pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- Half teaspoon Honey
- 3.5 ounces Sundried tomatoes, chopped.
- 3 Scallions, chopped.
- Small handful of Cilantro, chopped.
- Small handful of arugula to serve
- Salt & fresh ground Pepper to taste.
- Boil the barley until tender, approx 40 minutes.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar and honey.
- When the barley is tender, drain and place in a largish serving bowl. Pour over the dressing.
- Add the tomatoes, scallion and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together and leave to let it cool.
- Serve either warm or (as I prefer) cooled, with arugula.