If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to make this when Im trying to be healthy. I make it at the weekend to take to work for lunch thoughout the week. It keeps well in a tupperware dish and can be eaten warm or cold. Ive also had it for dinner with roasted beetroot. Its quite versatile. Basil is a good sub for cilantro, red onion instead of scallion works well. I like to use "Sunblush" tomatoes but Im not sure if they are available ouside the UK, if not any kind of sundried tomato in olive oil is fine. —Jaynerly
Serves: 4-6 servings
ounces pearl barley
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Zest of half a lemon
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoons White wine vinegar
ounces Sundried tomatoes, chopped.
Small handful of Cilantro, chopped.
Small handful of arugula to serve
Salt & fresh ground Pepper to taste.
- Boil the barley until tender, approx 40 minutes.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar and honey.
- When the barley is tender, drain and place in a largish serving bowl. Pour over the dressing.
- Add the tomatoes, scallion and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together and leave to let it cool.
- Serve either warm or (as I prefer) cooled, with arugula.