If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love wild rice and mushrooms and so tweaked some stuffing ideas until I found one I liked. If youmake this the day before, it makes it easier to make pretty even scoops with a small disher. —janenov46
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced
- 3 pieces cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup merlot
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, or other stuffing mushroom of your choice
- 1/2 piece 1/2 small red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup zuchinni, grated
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a strainer rinse rice well under cold water, drain well.
- Heat 1 tablepoon of the olive oil , saute onion until translucent, addd barley, rice, and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the beef broth and merlot, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel, remove stems, and microwave for 3 minutes to cook a little. Chop stems.
- Add sweet red pepper, chopped mushroom stems, zuchinni, seasonings, cook and stir 6 minutes.
- Add the pepper mixture to the rice mixutre.
- At this point cover and chill or cook immediately, if you wait til it chills, it does stick together better t hough.
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Stuff mushrooms with rice mixture
- top each mushroom with crumbled blue cheese
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms