Author Notes: The artichoke ravioli from Trader Joe's is my favourite, but it doesn't exist in Australia, so I made my own version.
I made it even easier by using wonton skins instead of pasta. The tang of the lemon with the artichoke is heavenly, and then you have the sweetness of the peas, and slight heat from the pepper flakes. Heaven! —DailyMeals
grams, fresh ricotta
small jar, artichokes, or half a large can
Salt & Pepper
Square Wonton Skins
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
teaspoons Red chili flakes
small shallot, thinly sliced
handful baby peas, fresh or frozen
- Mix artichoke, ricotta, 1/2 the lemon zest, salt and pepper for filling.
- Turn saucepan on low and add oil, pepper flakes, and shallot.
- Place a small amount of filling in the center of each wonton skin,and wet the edges. Gently press the edges together to seal.
- Carefully place another skin over it and seal the edges. When they are all done, bring a saucepan to a gentle boil and add a few ravioli at a time.(I use my spider to "hold" them since they are pretty delicate)
- Cook for 5 minutes When ravioli are done, add the peas to the oil and stir until the peas are heated through.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the ravioli. Add the rest of the lemon zest. Makes about 10 large ravioli.