Moist Grilled Pork Chops w/ grape salad

By • May 22, 2011 0 Comments

5 Save

If you like it, save it!

Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.

Got it!

If you like something…

Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.

Got it!


Author Notes: The hardest thing about pork is making it moist, especially when it's grilled. This recipie is great to make wounderfully moist pork chops with lots of flavor. Even if your not generally a pork fan.
katierk

Advertisement

Serves 4

  • 4 pieces Pork chops
  • 1 1/3 cups balsamic vineager
  • 6 tablespoons red wine vineagar
  • 1 cup grape olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 pinches garlic salt
  • 2 cups argula
  • 1 piece red shallot (med.)
  • 2 cups watercress
  • 1 cup quartered grapes
  • 1 sprig dill
  • 2 shots fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 drop lemon zest
  • 4 dashes white pepper
  • 2 tablespoons butter (salted)
  1. Start by pounding the chops lightly. Then using a fork, prick small holes in the chops. Season with white pepper, garlic salt, and salt and pepper to taste. (Tip: Use slightly less salt than expected due to salt in salad)
  2. In a seperate small mixing bowl combine balsamic vinegar, red wine vineagar, and grape olive oil. Sepeate half of the mixture and reserve in seperate bowl for later.
  3. With one half of the mixture pour into small pan and simmer on medium heat until reduced by a third. Remove from heat, and let stand.
  4. Using a small amount of the other half of the oil and vineager mixture, rub the pork chops lightly in a circular motion, which should seal a majority of the holes made when seasoning.
  5. Place a baking sheet(one you dont mind messing up some) on the grill and close the lid to preheat until hot. (About 5 minutes or so)
  6. Add 1 of the 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan. Now add the chops to the grill pan. Allow about 45 sec. to heat the chops before adding 1/2 of the nonreduced oil and vinegar mixture to the pan.
  7. Flip the chops when their 60% cooked. Immediatly after flipped add the rest of the non-reduced mixture to the pan(Cook the other 40% on the other side.)
  8. Meanwhile grilling; thinly slice the argula and dill, then Loosly chop the watercress. Mince the shallot and Toss all to combine. Add the priorly quartered grapes as well as lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
  9. Add 1/2 of the reduced oil and vinegar to the greens and toss again.
  10. Add the salad to each plate and top with a pork chop each. Finally, add the other 1/2 of the reduced vinegar and oil over top both the salad and pork chops.
  11. Serve; with another pinch of salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Add a sprig of grapes to garnish.

More Great Recipes:
Salads|Pork|Entrees|Pork Chops