If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this as part of an entry into the aioli contest and decided to enter this as a recipe unto itself. I have been making it for years using with eggs primarily but its also a wonderful addition to sandwiches, or main dishes. Super simple to make and very versatile. Store in the refrigerator. —sdebrango
- 2 cups Fresh red cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Shallot diced
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil to coat pan
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coat your fry pan with olive oil, heat should be med/high. Add shallots and saute until translucent, add tomato,salt and pepper to taste and cook until tomato starts to caramelize but there should still be some of the juices from the tomato you don't want it too dry. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook stirring frequently for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish