If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was making dinner tonight and as I was slicing the corn off the cob I thought- Hey - that's this weeks contest! I have a three month old daughter and she has already taught me the value of time! I love this salad because it is a meal in one bowl and so easy. My husband travels a lot and when he is away I often don't have the energy after work to cook a full meal. I love quinoa because it is good for me and I can put it on to boil and do other things! I also love that this salad is best cool because its been soo hot lately! —alexmr
- 3 Ears of corn
- 2 tomatos
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 mango
- 1 15.5 oz.can of black beans (feel free to use fresh cooked black beans! I am just lazy!! )
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt (to taste)
- Rinse one cup quinoa and bring to boil two cups water. Add the quinoa to the water and cook until quinoa is soft and translucent.
- Cook corn and let cool.
- Chop the avocado, tomatoes and mango in to cubes and put in a large bowl.
- Slice the corn kernels off the cob. Add the kernels to the other veggies.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and add them to the veggies and quinoa in the bowl.
- Add the spices and the lime juice. Mix and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob