If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For our anniversary we cooked up some of David Chang's clams and potatoes in bacon dashi and wanted something to go with it. I settled on some crab legs and scallops and created this dipping sauce to pull everything together. Deliciousness! —savorthis
Serves 2 as side or appetizer
- 1/2 pound crab legs
- 4 U10 scallops
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2-4 tablespoons dashi or clam juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Heat oven to 450 and heat cast iron skillet over high heat. Cut along one side of crab legs with scissors and put them on a baking sheet. Put scallops on paper towel to dry.
- Melt 3T butter in small pot or pan. Add garlic and shallots and cook over medium low heat until softened. Stir in pepper flakes and cook another minute. Whisk in miso and mirin until smooth (that might take a little while) and then stir in broth until desired consistency.
- Put crab in oven. Melt 1T butter in cast iron skillet. Dust scallops with flour, a pinch of salt and some pepper and add to pan. Cook a few minutes until a brown crust has formed and flip for a few minutes on the other side. Remove to a plate.
- Take crab out of oven, add to plate and serve with a side of sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy