If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish from the Lebanon is so easy to prepare and uses very simple ingredients to create the most delicious dish. Makes a wonderful light lunch or a great vegetable side dish as part of a main meal. This is one of those dishes you will be making again and again. —GourmetVegan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 300 g spring greens, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 25 g bulgar wheat, uncooked
- 80 ml water
- Over a medium heat, fry the onion in a large pan with the salt and cook for 5 minutes until the onions have turned golden brown.
- Add the spring greens, cooking for a further few minutes until the leaves have wilted. Add the chilli, bulgar and water and cover. Leave on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the greens are tender and the bulgar has cooked through.
- Serve hot.