Author Notes: A delicious blend of sweet and starchy tubers, roasted to perfection. A easy and budget friendly side dish that might just upstage your main course! Deliciously vegan and gluten free! —Alexandra V. Jones
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 1 Medium russet potato
- 1 Medium blue yam (you can sub another potato if you can't find these, use what is in season and looks good, any variety will work)
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite sized chunks. Try to make them about the same size for even cooking time.
- On a 13 by 9 inch sheet pan, drizzle two tablespoons of the olive oil, add potatoes in one layer.
- Add shallots and salt and pepper to the sheet pan of tater chunks. Drizzle the rest of your oil over the top.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until desired level of browning is achieved.
- Top with fresh herbs, cilantro and dill, or use what you like, the possibilities are endless! Eat hot or room temp or add to your favorite potato salad recipe!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side