If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Tyler Florence's website. I love using a wide variety of mushrooms and to serve them as a side dish with grilled meats and fish, as a savory sandwich topping, or simply by themselves as a late-night snack with wine and cheese. —cucina di mammina
Food52 Review: I used a wild mushroom assortment to make this. I was making halibut and wanted a tasty side. This salad worked very well along side the fish and a light green salad. I also used it on an open-faced grilled cheese made on Struan bread topped with Gruyère cheese. —Annie stader
Serves: 2 to 4
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
pounds variety of mushrooms
garlic cloves, chopped finely
splash extra virgin olive oil
pinch salt and pepper, plus more to taste
splash red wine vinegar
sprig fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Wash, throughly dry, and roughly chop the mushrooms. Place in a large bowl and add the chopped garlic, a good splash of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Roast in the oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Place the roasted mushrooms in a clean bowl, and add a splash of red wine vinegar. Be sure to check all your seasonings at this point; you can also add a bit more olive oil if desired. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately at room temperature, or store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for future use. Allow the dish to come back to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture quality
- NOTE: If you like a bit of heat, try adding some chopped chile peppers in before roasting the mushrooms.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe