If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this dish after a long flight home and needing to get my teeth into something super quick, figs are in season at the minute and I couldn't resist buying a few to add to my salad. —myinspiration
- 6 Medium Button Mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 Red onion finely sliced
- 12 Walnut halves roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Large Fresh Figs cut into thick slices
- pinches Black pepper to season
- 1.5 tablespoons Carob Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Serve with mixed leaves and some stuffed green olives, with a slice of your favourite bread smothered in hummus on the side.
- Heat 2 tbsp water in a non stick saute pan and add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the balsamic vinegar, keep the heat on medium/high and cook for a further 6 minutes, then toss in the red onion and walnuts, add a pinch of black pepper, mix everything together and turn off the heat.
- Prepare your mixed leaves in your serving bowl, make it into a nest, then spoon the mushroom mixture into the centre, arrange your sliced figs around the side and add the green olives on top.
- For the dressing, mix together the carob and balsamic vinegar in a small cup and give it a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad and you’re done!!