If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Risotto should be done over medium heat and done with patience and care, many a risotto has been rushed and ruins the integrity of the dish…as with most things…the good stuff takes time and thought. Once mastered, risotto crafting can take on many delicious, crowd pleasing, variations…and its gluten free! So what the hell right?! Veggies can change up depending on what you have and like. —Alexandra V. Jones
Roasted vegetables and whipped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 1 Leek, cleaned well and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup petite green peas
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup warm water
- In a preheated 400 degree oven, roast asparagus and leeks on a sheet pan and coat with a thin layer of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes, add peas cook 2 minutes, remove from oven, set aside
- Roast 20 minutes, add peas cook 2 minutes, remove from oven, set aside
- Add tomatoes to warm water, let sit 10 minutes, add 2 tbsp olive oil, pinch of salt and blend until fluffy.
- 1 and 1/2 cups aborio rice
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 5 cups veggie stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup dry white wine, if you won't drink it, don't cook with it.
- In a flat bottomed pot, over medium high heat, I used my le creuset French oven, put a few tbsp. of olive oil, add shallots, brown, add half of the butter.
- Add rice, brown mixture, add wine, when it has evaporated start adding stock, ladle by ladle until the rice is perfectly al dente, probably will take about 25 minutes or so….taste as you go.
- .add cheese and rest of butter, stir, portion and top with roasted veg and whipped sun dried- tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side