If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savory Italian sausage blended with creamy cheese & chopped spinach, stuffed into jumbo mushroom caps and baked until juicy & golden. —TheSweetPeppercorn
Makes 15 mushrooms
- 15 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 ounces italian sausage, hot
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, extremely well drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the mushroom bottoms & caps with the melted butter.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet & set aside.
- Sauté sausage over med-high heat, breaking up with a spoon into crumbles.
- When sausage is thoroughly cooked, remove from the heat and drain off excess fat.
- Add chopped spinach, cream cheese, parmesan & garlic salt. Combine well.
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps, packing down and rounding over the top.
- Bake for approx. 15 min. until mushrooms are cooked & tops are golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre