Savory Italian sausage blended with creamy cheese & chopped spinach, stuffed into jumbo mushroom caps and baked until juicy & golden.
Savory Italian sausage blended with creamy cheese & chopped spinach, stuffed into jumbo mushroom caps and baked until juicy & golden.—TheSweetPeppercorn
Makes: 15 mushrooms
large mushrooms, stems removed
ounces italian sausage, hot
ounces frozen spinach, extremely well drained
ounces cream cheese, softened
teaspoon garlic salt
tablespoon melted butter
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the mushroom bottoms & caps with the melted butter.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet & set aside.
- Sauté sausage over med-high heat, breaking up with a spoon into crumbles.
- When sausage is thoroughly cooked, remove from the heat and drain off excess fat.
- Add chopped spinach, cream cheese, parmesan & garlic salt. Combine well.
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps, packing down and rounding over the top.
- Bake for approx. 15 min. until mushrooms are cooked & tops are golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre