If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious dish is a crowd pleaser. My 6 year old boy gobbles this up and I cannot be trusted to not eat the whole dish in one sitting! This recipe was inspired by a recipe found on the Epicurious site. —jesse
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 bunch rainbow swiss chard, stems & center ribs cut out and reserved. Roughly chop swiss chard leaves
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (can sub other nuts - I like almonds)
- Heat the oil & butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Stir in the onion and garlic, cooking just until fragrant. Approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped stems and ribs along with the white wine and simmer until stems start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chard leaves and cook until just wilted.
- Finally, add lemon juice, parmesan cheese and pine nuts. You can season with salt if still needed after adding the parmesan cheese.