If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Let this colourful swiss chard and fresh spinach braise boost your energy! Tossed with feta, fresh mint and raisins these greens make an easy, healthy and hearty meal that takes you to the oriental, sunny summer side of life. —Phil Wien
- 2 cups fresh swiss chard and spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 5-6 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 5-6 threats of saffron
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and roughly chop your greens. Put them in a casserole or whatever oven-proof dish you have at hand. Drizzle and toss with the olive oil and the pomegranate syrup. Salt and pepper to taste and braise in the oven at about 300°F for about 10-12mins or until stems of swiss chard get tender.
- In the meantime bring water to a boil. In a small cup, mix 3 tbsp of water with the saffron and set aside for some minutes of rest.
- Pour the rest of the boiling water over the couscous in a bowl together with a spash of olive oil and salt, cover and let soak for 10mins. Season the couscous with the lemon juice.
- In a dry pan roast the pine nuts over medium heat until they start to brown (Attention! This may happen quite fast!).
- Stir the yoghurt into the saffron solution, get out your braised greens out and sprinkle them with the crumbled feta, the roasted nuts and the raisins.
- Serve with the couscous, the saffron infused yoghurt and fresh mint to arrange everything on individual plates. For more recipes check: www.phil-wien.at