If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and easy salad to satisfy my fig cravings —Hechte44
- 1 pound Raw Brussel Sprouts (Shredded)
- 1 cup Farro
- 0.5 Sweet Onion
- 1 cup Dried Black Mission Figs (Stemmed and Sliced)
- 1 splash Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add the farro and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. (For a little extra crunch, don't cook for the full time). Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, shred the brussel sprouts and set aside in a large bowl.
- Dice the half onion and saute on low heat with the olive oil, salt and pepper for 8-10 minutes or until caramelized.
- Remove the stems of the dried figs, slice and add to the brussel sprouts.
- Combine the onions and farro into the brussel sprout mixture and toss with lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. I recommend using fig balsamic vinegar if you have any on hand. Add extra salt and pepper if desired.