If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crepes laced with spinach, scallions, and dill are smeared with lemony greek yogurt & sliced smoked salmon
As an appetizer .. they can be rolled into logs, and then sliced into delectable bit-size morsels .. the spiral effect of the pink & green is stunning and makes this hors d’oeuvre look like a very western sushi roll
Of course .. they're wonderful for dinner as well —VeggiesByCandlelight
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, & squeezed in paper towels to remove excess moisture
- 3 large eggs (** or 2 large eggs & 2 egg whites)
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Flour
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and minced (** white parts only)
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped (** use fresh here .. it really does make a difference)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup water + more if needed for thinning the batter
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 12 ounces peppered smoked salmon (** or smoked salmon sliced thin)
- To Make The Crepes
- Prepare the spinach by de-frosting & squeezing in paper towels to remove all of the excess moisture. Set aside.
- Blend the eggs and almond milk in a blender or food processor until well blended. Add the flours & blend until smooth.
- Add the spinach, scallions, half the dill, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and blend again until very smooth. Stir in the water and allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a seven- to eight-inch crepe pan over medium-high heat. Brush with coconut oil. Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan .. tilting it as you go .. allowing the batter to evenly coat the bottom. Cook about two minutes, until lightly browned, turn the crepe over and cook about 30 seconds longer. Remove the crepe from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter, making 10 to 12 crepes
- To Make the Filling
- Combine the greek yogurt, lemon peel, juice, shallots, remaining dill, capers and paprika. Spread each crepe with some of this mixture, then cover with a layer of smoked salmon.
- Roll the crepe & enjoy