If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I honestly cannot say where my inspiration came from for this dish. It was simply something I was craving. Thankfully, despite having no recipe to follow, my intuition served me well and the flavors worked perfectly together. I enjoyed it so much I’ve made this salad 3 times this past week alone…. —Amelia G
- 4 handfuls Arugula
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan
- 50 grams Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Wholegrain Mustard
- First, make your salad dressing. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and mustard for a few seconds until blended. Very steadily, add a few drops of canola oil and quickly whisk for 10-20 seconds until it binds. Gradually, add a few drops more, whisk. Slowly increase the amount of oil you add each time and keep whisking quickly to make sure the vinaigrette does not split.
- Now for the candied walnuts. Over a medium heat, add the sugar to a small saucepan and stir gently until the sugar begins to melt. Once it’s melted, add the walnuts and (quickly) stir thoroughly to make sure the nuts are coated. This will only take 2-3 minutes and it will get sticky! Transfer the walnuts to a sheet of baking parchment and allow them to cool (it wont take long, maybe 5 minutes). Once they’ve cooled, break up the clumps.
- Now lets assemble! In a large mixing bowl, mix the Arugula and dressing together. Arrange the Arugula neatly on your 2 serving plates. Carefully scatter 1 tbsp of the grated Parmesan over each plate of Arugula, and lastly sprinkle over the walnuts. 4. Season, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts