If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet-and-savory salad is both healthy and filling. It's delicious served hot or cold. —CookPlayExplore
- 1 packet Trader Joe's 10-Minute Farro (or 1 1/2 cups raw farro)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 head of black garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar (or other fruity vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cook farro according to package directions. (If you're using raw farro, cook it however you do that — I've only used the quick-cooking kind!)
- Warm a spoonful of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced sweet potato and cook until soft and slightly browned.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine farro, sweet potato, garlic, walnuts, and dressing in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If salad is too dry for your taste, add a splash of olive oil and stir.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts