If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious and simple salad that's packed with flavour. —myinspiration
For the Salad
- 6 medium Button Mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 Red Onion finely sliced
- 8 Walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Large fresh Figs, cut into thick slices
- Black Pepper to season
- Fresh Spinach and Rocket to serve with
- 8 Large Green Olives
For the Dressing
- 1.5 tablespoons Carob Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat 2 tbsp water in a non stick saute pan and add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the balsamic vinegar, keep the heat on medium/high and cook for a further 6 minutes. Toss in the red onion and walnuts, add a pinch of black pepper, mix everything together and turn off the heat.
- Prepare your mixed leaves in your serving bowl, make it into a nest, then spoon the mushroom mixture into the centre, arrange your sliced figs around the side and add the green olives on top
- .For the dressing, mix together the carob and balsamic vinegar in a small cup and give it a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve with a slice of your favourite bread smothered in hummus on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts