A delicious and simple salad that's packed with flavour.
A delicious and simple salad that's packed with flavour.—myinspiration
For the Salad
medium Button Mushrooms, thickly sliced
Red Onion finely sliced
Walnuts roughly chopped
tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Large fresh Figs, cut into thick slices
Black Pepper to season
Fresh Spinach and Rocket to serve with
Large Green Olives
For the Dressing
tablespoons Carob Syrup
tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
In This Recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp water in a non stick saute pan and add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the balsamic vinegar, keep the heat on medium/high and cook for a further 6 minutes. Toss in the red onion and walnuts, add a pinch of black pepper, mix everything together and turn off the heat.
- Prepare your mixed leaves in your serving bowl, make it into a nest, then spoon the mushroom mixture into the centre, arrange your sliced figs around the side and add the green olives on top
- .For the dressing, mix together the carob and balsamic vinegar in a small cup and give it a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve with a slice of your favourite bread smothered in hummus on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts