If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Walnut and Quinoa salad bring together many flavors and textures including peppery arugula, the tartness of dried cherries, and the creamy bite of goat cheese. Walnuts play a key role by adding the crunch! —linda
- .5 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1.5 cups Cooked and chilled quinoa
- 1 cup Arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 ounces Goat cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar and pinch of salt to boil. Reduce to low and simmer for @15 minutes or until thickened. Remove balsamic glaze from heat and allow to cool.
- In large bowl mix together quinoa, arugula, walnuts, dried cherries, evoo, lemon juice and salt until well combined. Add goat cheese and mix until fully distributed. Serve with a drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts