If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have 3 children and I'm always looking for easy, healthy, eat-on-the-go recipes. Several years ago, I found a great for quinoa and kale patties from yummy supper blog and have been making something similar ever since. I use whatever vegetables I have in the house or allow each child to pick their favorite vegetable and add that to the patties. They are a huge hit! I fry them up during the day and leave a large plate of them on the counter. The kids come home from school like little hungry monsters, devour the whole plate, and by 6:00 I'm fresh out of patties. This time I wanted something really colorful (for spring) and of course with corn (one of my favorite ingredients). Hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do! —heather
Makes about 35
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, make with 1/2 teaspoon Adobo powder in the water
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 3 cobs of corn, cooked and taken off the cob
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- 1 bag frozen spinach, defrosted and drained of water
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, except for the olive oil. Form small patties by hand with all the mixture.
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, begin frying the patties in batches. Add more oil as needed. Don't over-crowd the pan as this can lead to soggy patties. Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn